Unity In Diversity: Unify & Empower Gambians in the US
United Gambians Association (UGA) is a not-for-profit, non-political and non-religious association. UGA is dedicated to working with Gambians, their children, families, schools and communities in the US to reach their full potential.
At UGA we pride ourselves in the daily contribution to individual and community wellbeing. We believe that by sharing common values, we can increase the opportunity of each individual in the community.
Our members are a diverse group of individuals with a wide range of skills and expertise. Our goal is to make a difference in the life of all Gambians and those around them.
Don't just stand on the sideline, get engaged in your community. Call us today if you live in the US and wish to speak to one of our members or go to the Contact Us page and send us a note.
The association’s primary mission is focused on unifying Gambians in the USA and integrating them into main-stream American societies. By the same token, UGA seeks to foster cultural understanding and cooperation between Gambians and non-Gambians. UGA will be involved in several projects such as:
- Unifying Gambians in the Diaspora.
- Providing assistance to immigrants from the Gambia and helping them to integrate into mainstream American societies.
- Participating in voluntary services, in both The Gambia and The U.S., in areas like the fight against HIV Aids, natural disaster, immigration and malaria.
- Providing free tutoring services to immigrants from the Gambia and their families.
- In an emergency situation, like death in the family or immigration issues, God forbid, United Gambians Association will help in both logistics, funding and emotional support as a family member.